Over 100 years ago, the Woman's Club of Indio was established by a group of independent and caring women who were strong community leaders. Organized in 1912 as the Altrurian Literary Club, the Woman’s Club of Indio is the oldest non-profit service club in the Coachella Valley. The foundation created many years ago was based upon the tenants of purposeful community focus and included a diverse range of community projects. Today, nothing has changed. Our members are dynamic and strong leaders capable of carrying on the legacy of shining a light on community needs, resolving those needs, and giving back to our community in meaningful ways.
We credit our longevity to our hardworking members and our sustained membership growth to the quality and character embodied in every member. We foster a club culture of personal growth, empowerment and teamwork, all while giving of ourselves to our communities. To get an idea of how busy we are, please take a minute to enjoy reading a sample of one of our recent newsletters.